Arriving by Metrorail:
The closest Metro stop is the Dupont Circle Metro stop on the Red Line. To exit the station, use the Q Street North exit. When you get to the top of the escalator, you will be at the corner of 19th and Q. Walk west on the south side of Q until you come to Massachusetts Ave. (after the Gandhi statue). From there take the cross walk to the north side of Q, then cross MA Ave. on the cross walk in front of the Cosmos Club, which will take you back to Q. From there you will see the tower of the church ahead and to your left. It is less than a 10 minute walk from the Metro stop to Pilgrims.
Church of the Pilgrims is at 22nd and P St. To plan your trip, use the RideGuide. For a Metro system map, visit Metro's web site.For walking directions to/from the Dupont Circle northern entrance refer to the following map:
- Take the escalator to the street level. You will be on the corner of Q and 20th Streets, facing 20th Street.
- Walk west on Q Street 2 blocks to 22nd Street. You will pass the Indian Embassy and the Gandhi Statue.
- Cross Massachusetts Ave. and turn left (south) on 22nd Street.
For walking directions to/from the Dupont Circle southern entrance, refer to the following map:
- Take the escalator to street level. You will be facing south as you exit the escalator, 19th Street on your right.
- Take 19th Street to Dupont Circle and take a left (northwest), following the circle.
- After you pass CVS, take a left (west) on P Street.
- Take a right (north) on 22nd Street.
Arriving by car:
From points South:
- Merge onto I-395 N toward Washington
- Merge onto Washington Blvd via EXIT 8B toward Pentagon/Arlington/ Cemetery/Rosslyn.
- Take the George Washington Parkway North ramp toward US-50
- Enter next roundabout and take 1st exit onto Arlington Memorial Bridge.
- Keep left at the fork to continue on Arlington Memorial Bridge
- Stay straight to go onto Lincoln Memorial Circle
- Turn Left onto 23rd Street, NW
- Enter next roundabout and take 3rd exit onto New Hampshire Ave, NW
- Turn slight left onto 22nd St, NW
- The Church of the Pilgrims will be on the left at 22nd and P streets. Once at P Street get in the left hand lane. Cross P Street and before the Q Street light turn left into the Church of the Pilgrims parking lot
From Route 66:
- After I-66 crosses the Capital Beltway (I-495/95) it will be 9.5 miles to the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge.
- Cross the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge in the left lane, taking the first exit left. Follow the ramp down to your left, toward Whitehurst Freeway, then stay to your right, following signs to Pennsylvania Avenue.
- The Pennsylvania Avenue ramp will take you onto L Street. Stay on L, crossing Pennsylvania Avenue.
- From L, turn left on 22nd Street. Take 22nd Street to P Street.
- Once at P Street, get in the left hand lane. Cross P Street and before the Q Street light, turn left into the Church of the Pilgrims parking lot.
From 495 and points North:
- From I-495 West
- Take Exit 33 to Chevy Chase (Connecticut Avenue), getting into the left lane of the exit ramp.
- At the signal, turn left onto Connecticut Avenue. You will stay on this street for most of the remaining trip. Depending on the flow of traffic this 7-mile trip can take from 25-30 minutes.
- You'll enter the District at Chevy Chase Circle. Continue around the circle and half way around you will hit Connecticut Avenue again.
- After passing by the National Zoo, you will cross the Taft Bridge ("The Lion Bridge") spanning Rock Creek Park.
- At the end of the bridge, Connecticut Avenue bears left. Follow up on the hill, getting into the right lane.
- Beyond the crest, Florida Avenue angles off Connecticut Avenue, with a right turn arrow. Turn right onto Florida.
- Go about 2 blocks and then the church tower will appear ahead. Cross Massachusetts Avenue (Florida Avenue then becomes 23rd Street), cross over Q Street, and take a sharp right into the parking lot, just before the church building.
Our parking lot can be difficult to find. The entrance is at the very north end of the Church of the Pilgrims on 22nd Street, just South of Q Street. Turn into the parking lot from 22nd Street between P and Q streets (it is okay to cross the median where there is a break). View a PICTURE OF THE ENTRANCE to the parking lot.