A church communities’ values are a reflection of the church community. One
way we Pilgrims express our values is through our Special Offerings taken four
times a year. Below are those Special Offerings.
Christmas Joy Offering - National Capital Presbytery
Peacemaking Offering - Indego Africa
Pentecost Special Offering - Metro Teen AIDS
Advent (One Great Hour of Sharing) Offerings:
- 1st Sunday - Open Table (contributed to our own lunch program)
- 2nd Sunday - Joseph's House, a local hospice for the poor and homeless. (provided comfort items such as teas and coco as well as socks and pajamas)
- 3rd Sunday - SOME, a local non profit working with the poor and homeless of D.C. (provided wrapped shoe boxes with toiletry items for Men, Women and children)
- 4th Sunday - donation through Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Epiphany - Bethlehem Ministries, a non-profit organization created for the sole purpose of aiding Haiti's poor.